Our school’s curriculum is recognised by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). Its primary objective is to provide a solid and unshakeable foundation in the core subject areas of science, mathematics, social science, language and environmental studies.
We are not limited to textbook learning alone – instead our experiential curriculum provides hands-on learning, teaches macro concepts, encourages free expression and develops creative and critical thinking faculties. We also use cutting-edge technological aids as an integral part of the classroom experience.
Mount Zion International School curriculum is hence multifaceted, and includes an array of enrichment programmes. As per the board guidelines, the prime focus of our curriculum is on innovations in teaching-learning methodologies by devising student friendly and student centered paradigms. Our teachers regularly update their pedagogical skills attending service training programmes and workshops.
High school forms the very foundation on which further education and careers are mapped out. Hence, our programmes, courses and resources are devoted to helping our students achieve academic excellence, compete and perform to the best of their ability, plan their futures and connect to the world in meaningful ways. Beyond lesson plans and tests, the syllabus also focuses on empowering students with knowledge, self-awareness and self- confidence. Students learn to analyze how the topic extends beyond the classroom into the outside world. The Interdisciplinary approach dissolves boundaries of subjects encouraging learning across the curriculum amongst our young learners. We develop a plan where the theme encompasses all curricular areas.
- we believe that student learning is the chief priority and all students can learn to their fullest potential.
- Students will develop their individual talents, critical thinking, and technology skills by being actively engaged in the learning process.
- Continuous commitment to improvement ensures that our students are well-rounded, self-directed, lifelong learners.
- By maintaining a safe and optimum learning environment, we provide the opportunity for students to be successful.
- Promoting high standards and expectations, teachers, administrators, parents, and the community share the responsibility for advancing the school’s mission.
- In order to prepare students to live in and contribute to a changing world and engage in active, lifelong learning, Mount Zion provides a balanced, varied school curriculum designed to meet the academic, cultural, and social needs of individuals from the diverse backgrounds of our community.
- Relatively small class sizes allow the teachers to give individual attention and ample support to the students.
- The children get regular feedback and guidance from their teachers and their progress is carefully monitored.
- Parents are also given the opportunity to discuss their child’s academic development with the teachers on open days.
Mount Zion is committed to the development of the whole child and is founded on Christian beliefs and values whilst respecting the rich and diverse communities within the school and in its unique location.
Pilivalam P.O., Thirumayam Tk.,
Pudukkottai Dt.-622 507
Tamil Nadu, India.